Thursday, February 17, 2011

Lets try something, yeah?

So I've been spending a lot of time looking through past Blogs of Note to see what I come across. I've found a lot of great writers that I'm excited to keep up with; reading good writing always makes me happy.
One blog that caught my eye (because he mentioned Jers-day. Awesome.) was Ryan's, Waxed Red Threads. Yesterday, he started a Music Challenge which I think will be a lot of fun to go along with because, um, I love music. You should do it too, lets start off our Blogger relationship with a community project =]


Day 01 - your favorite song
Day 02 - your least favorite song
Day 03 - a song that makes you happy
Day 04 - a song that makes you sad
Day 05 - a song that reminds you of someone
Day 06 - a song that reminds you of somewhere
Day 07 - a song that reminds you of a certain event
Day 08 - a song that you know all the words to
Day 09 - a song that you can dance to
Day 10 - a song that makes you fall asleep
Day 11 - a song from your favorite band
Day 12 - a song from a band you hate
Day 13 - a song that is a guilty pleasure
Day 14 - a song that no one would expect you to love
Day 15 - a song that describes you
Day 16 - a song that you used to love but now hate
Day 17 - a song that you hear often on the radio
Day 18 - a song that you wish you heard on the radio
Day 19 - a song from your favorite album
Day 20 - a song that you listen to when you’re angry
Day 21 - a song that you listen to when you’re happy
Day 22 - a song that you listen to when you’re sad
Day 23 - a song that you want to play at your wedding
Day 24 - a song that you want to play at your funeral
Day 25 - a song that makes you laugh
Day 26 - a song that you can play on an instrument
Day 27 - a song that you wish you could play
Day 28 - a song that makes you feel guilty
Day 29 - a song from your childhood
Day 30 - your favorite song at this time last year

So here we go.

Day 1 - Your Favorite Song
Wow, this is a challenge. If you're a friend of mine you probably know all too well that my favorite band is Coldplay, and I could safely say that several of their songs are my favorite songs ever. But that's not the point of this challenge, is it?

"Lovers in Japan" - Coldplay


What makes "Lovers in Japan" stand out in my mind is my experience at All Points West in August of 2009. Coldplay were headlining on the Sunday of the festival, so of course my partner-in-CP-related-crime and I had to be there, front row, no matter what. Unfortunately "no matter what" included getting there at 8am, waiting online for 2 hours before it started pouring rain, being forced out of the shelter of the tent because it was deemed unsafe during the thunderstorm, waiting outside, actually IN the rain, for another couple of hours, losing our golden-spot in line when the mass of people herded into the tent again, and then running about a mile through nothing but mud (in sandals) to get front row at the stage, where we were standing, packed like smelly, wet, hot, muddy sardines for about 4 hours. Truth be told, even though I knew I was about to see Coldplay, I was pretty miserable.
But then of course they took the stage and I lived in the moment, forgetting every curse I threw at the skies that morning and instead threw my arms in the air and sang. They were perfect, but nothing was more perfect than the moment they released the butterfly confetti during the chorus of "Lovers in Japan." At the risk of sounding really, really sappy, looking up into a sea of colors with that song in the background, after such a hellish day, was beautiful, and it's a moment and feeling I'll never forget.


No comments:

Post a Comment